First Page of Google
Google has been a super convenient search engine for us to find our answers in seconds. Most of the time, we can find what we want on the first page of Google.
You name it.
The question is, how do we get our website on the first page of Google so that our prospect can find us on page one? This is extremely important for entrepreneurs and business owners to generate high-quality leads. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) can help rank our websites higher based on keywords.
On-page optimization is between our web pages. Each one of them needs to optimize to be relevant to certain keywords. They will then rank based on depending on the keywords competition and location.
For example, keyword A might rank on the first page of Google Singapore. However, it might not be on the first page of Google US.
Factors that affect on-page SEO:
- Readability – How easy is it for the website visitors to read and understand your content.
- Length of content – 2500 words to 3000 words without duplicated content is good on a page.
- HTML Source Code – Title tag, keyword in headings, meta description tag, SERPs, etc.
- Image Setting– alt text so Google knows what is your image about.
- URL Format – Preferably with your keywords in URL.
- Links – Inbound (linking to your other web page) and outbound (linking to other websites)
Unlike on-page optimization, off-page optimization happens outside your website.
For example, other websites will link to your website or web page if they think your content is good. This is also called backlinks.
Sources for off-page optimization:
- Other websites or blogs
- Local SEO like Google My Business
- Social Media Shares
Lastly, it is always good to analyze our website first before we improve and optimize. You will need to understand the supply and demand in order to choose the right keywords in your country.
Contact us if you would like us to analyze your website for free!